Monday, November 19, 2007

Another thing to be grateful for...


Health & Mobility. I just don't think I could ever be grateful enough for health and mobility. I remember one of my dance teachers at BYU talking about how grateful we should be for our bodies and our use of them. Her message really impressed me at that time. What if you could not dance, swim, hike, play tennis, ... even use your hands for arts & projects ..... whatever it is that you enjoy doing, let alone simply living day to day? I don't feel like I can express how strongly I feel about this - I am SO thankful to be healthy. We never know when our good health or mobility is going to be taken away from us. So this is one thing I want to express my gratitude for this Thanksgiving.

(Now maybe I can just show it more by exercising more regularly!)

5 comments:

Janalee said...

true dat

Shannon said...

I like that Breanne, I agree. There was this woman that was hindered by her body because of health issues. She said she changed her outlook by thinking of all the things she likes to do like watch her grandchildren and how her body allows her to do that, i.e. her eyes and how she likes to cook and her body/hands allow her to do that. I told John the other night while we were running,"Don't you just love that we can run. It truly is a blessing thanks for sharing."

Kathryn said...

This is like #1 on our thankful list this year!

XO said...

I totally agree. Maybe I should start exercising again too, but since I've started "eating right," it really is such a wake-up call for how poorly we treat our bodies and yet they still are so good to us.

Our blogs are practically identical right now...great minds...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lynette said...

Amen!