Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Forgotten Favorites

Just a few photos of some favorite excursions this past year that I never got a chance to share:

When we were visiting Paul's parents in Southern California last summer, we came across the LA Original Farmer's Market - we will definitely be back! If you live in LA or visit LA, you should go! There was every kind of food imaginable from Brazilian to Cajun to Mediterranean to ... everything!, along with ample produce, nuts, baked goods, you name it! I was in heaven!

Does anyone love farmers markets as much as me? (actually I think my sister, Tiffany does!) There is something about rows & rows of produce - both beautiful in colors & shapes & perfect in taste! I've been checking out multiple farmers markets in the Phoenix Valley lately, maybe I'll share what I've found soon ...
Crepes! How do you decide between crepes, homemade peach ice cream, baklava, and more?!! (You buy one nutella/banana crepe & one ice cream & split them!)
There were rows and rows & multiple sections of people in the market like this.

This is the Sedona artist village we visited on a side excursion from a northern AZ Labor Day Camping trip. Another must if you're in that area! This artist village looked authentically aged (built in the 70s) and has an amazing design to it, giving a really eclectic feel to the ambiance (you must say that word snooty-like). These original trees were just built around, leaving little openings for the tree trunks in rooftops & patio overhangs. Very cool.

Meet my dear, dear friend Jessica & her two adorable daughters! We got to spend a wonderful (but too short) night with her and her family when we visited Utah last fall. Miss you Jess! Jess & I go back to 2nd/3rd grade. I can honestly say that we, along with our third friend to the trio (Caitlyn) will stay friends forever.
BEA-U-TI-FUL Salt Lake; Fall & Winter colliding!
We stopped in at this cute & Yum! Hatch Family Chocolates in The Avenues District of Salt Lake City upon trusted recommendation (Thanks Tiff!) - secret chocolate & hot chocolate recipes = I want to go back for more!!

6 comments:

Ann said...

It's set--we're blog friends.

I listened to your playlist and I must say we have very similar tastes.

Have a great day!

Kim said...

I have to agree with you on Farmer's Markets. The sun has been teasing us with warmth lately which means it shouldn't be too much longer before our own Farmer's Market is open again downtown. Yipee!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love farmer's markets. I think the sights, smells and tastes are so much fun!

Shadow Of Me said...

Wow........all the places look so beautiful.........specially the salt lake......
I hope you must have had fun that time and now these are memories through which you can re live those times........

Larry and Karri said...

I LOVE farmer's markets - they're the best! There's so much great stuff there, and it's usually so much cheaper than the grocery store! Once I discovered the one on Greenfield & Main I almost never buy produce at the grocery stores anymore.

Jessica said...

I guess if we move there you will have discovered all of the best places to go and we can take adventures together with the kids. I am even featured on your blog...I guess I am famous..after all you have recieved awards right??JK